Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is sure different! All the goodies in a brownie folded in to meringue! This is so good! Not as heavy as a brownie.Found in an edition of Quick Cooking magazine. Times do not include cooling time.
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup crushed chocolate wafer
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Gently fold in the wafer crumbs and nuts. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 300° for 30-40 minutes or until the top appears dry and is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In another bowl, beat the whipping cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over the pie.