Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12oz)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 28-30 minutes.
- Top with marshmallows bake 3 minutes longer (marshmallows will not be completely melted).
- Cool on wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat, stir in cereal.
- Spread over brownies.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm before cutting.
One word...Sinful. This was great. I made this to bring with to my inlaws for sunday dinner and none was left. I know my family are pigs. Thank you so much for posting this great recipe cher.
Junk food lovers delight! What an awesome combination marshmallow, chocolate, peanut butter & rice krispies turns out to be. They make a lovely breakfast with tea (and I mean that).
So sweet and rich.... cut into small squares!! I decreased the chocolate chips to 1 1/2 cups. I also used 1/2 milk chocolate and 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips. The taste of the chocolate chip and rice cereal mixture seemed to over power the brownie and marshamallow layers. I would make these bars again.