Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 9 milk chocolate kisses
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine next 4 ingredients; add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Place an overturned chocolate kiss in the center of each.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
These were cute and delicious!! Used about 3/4 cup sugar. Thanks! :)
These were pretty good. I made them for a holiday gathering with family, so doubled the recipe. Very chocolatey. Mine came out a little dry after 20 minutes, though, so I think I could have taken them out of the oven a few minutes earlier. I also wasn't sure if the kiss was supposed to be melted or not--by the time these were served, the kiss had hardened, so didn't add much of a kick to the brownies.
These cupcakes were very easy to make and more than satisfied my chocolate cravings. I didn't use the paper liners. I just greased my muffin tin well and there were no sticking problems. Intensely chocolate and I am sure to make these many more times.