If you are thinking about making a tin of brownies, or baking a cake, or even going to the store and buying donuts, stop. Don't proceed. Instead make this amazing chocolate brownie in less than 2 minutes. Indulging in a treat like this is perfect for those of you (me included) on a diet, who are craving dessert but don't want to go overboard by baking a dozen cookies or so. A single serving is very satisfying, and I've included 6 different variations so you can adjust the toppings/mix-ins to your taste. I tried the mounds one tonight and it was AMAZING! I also used hersheys special dark cocoa powder instead of regular cocoa, and it came out extra rich and chocolatey. This is a dense, moist and rich mug brownie, perfect with a glass of milk or a scoop of ice cream, enjoy!!!
- Add all of dry ingredients to mug.
- Mix well with a fork or small whisk until blended.
- Add oil or melted butter, water, and vanilla.
- Mix well (add mix-ins if using).
- Put in the microwave and cook on high heat for 1 minute 40 seconds - 2 minutes (less time for a more moist brownie, more time for a more cake-like brownie).
- Add toppings or a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
- Mounds: add 1-2 tablespoons chocolate chips and a sprinkling of sweetened flaked coconut on top of cooked brownie.
- Peanut Butter Swirl: add 1-2 tbsp creamy peanut butter into mix before microwaving, or add 1 tablespoons on top of brownie after its cooked (I've noticed the peanut butter swirl tastes best with peanut butter on top of the brownie after it's cooked).
- Berry Jam: top cooked brownie with 1-2 tablespoons melted berry jam (strawberry, raspberry or blackberry is best. Just heat in microwave until melted then pour over brownie).
- S'mores: top cooked brownie with mini marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs.
- Candy Bar: mix in 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite chopped chocolate candy bar into the mix before heating, or add m&ms.
- Caramel Sea Salt: drop 2 salted caramels into the middle of the mix before heating, and once done top with a light sprinkle of sea salt.