1/12 Photos of Brownie in a Mug (6 Variations)
If you are thinking about making a tin of brownies, or baking a cake, or even going to the store and buying donuts, stop. Don't proceed. Instead make this amazing chocolate brownie in less than 2 minutes. Indulging in a treat like this is perfect for those of you (me included) on a diet, who are craving dessert but don't want to go overboard by baking a dozen cookies or so. A single serving is very satisfying, and I've included 6 different variations so you can adjust the toppings/mix-ins to your taste. I tried the mounds one tonight and it was AMAZING! I also used hersheys special dark cocoa powder instead of regular cocoa, and it came out extra rich and chocolatey. This is a dense, moist and rich mug brownie, perfect with a glass of milk or a scoop of ice cream, enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add all of dry ingredients to mug.
- 2Mix well with a fork or small whisk until blended.
- 3Add oil or melted butter, water, and vanilla.
- 4Mix well (add mix-ins if using).
- 5Put in the microwave and cook on high heat for 1 minute 40 seconds - 2 minutes (less time for a more moist brownie, more time for a more cake-like brownie).
- 6Add toppings or a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
- 8Mounds: add 1-2 tablespoons chocolate chips and a sprinkling of sweetened flaked coconut on top of cooked brownie.
- 9Peanut Butter Swirl: add 1-2 tbsp creamy peanut butter into mix before microwaving, or add 1 tablespoons on top of brownie after its cooked (I've noticed the peanut butter swirl tastes best with peanut butter on top of the brownie after it's cooked).
- 10Berry Jam: top cooked brownie with 1-2 tablespoons melted berry jam (strawberry, raspberry or blackberry is best. Just heat in microwave until melted then pour over brownie).
- 11S'mores: top cooked brownie with mini marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs.
- 12Candy Bar: mix in 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite chopped chocolate candy bar into the mix before heating, or add m&ms.
- 13Caramel Sea Salt: drop 2 salted caramels into the middle of the mix before heating, and once done top with a light sprinkle of sea salt.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie in a Mug (6 Variations)
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.7
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 158.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g