Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
single serve brownie made with simple ingredients in the microwave
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, pwdr
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate chips, 1 small handful
- Whist together (or use a small spoon) dry ingredients in a coffee mug. Add oil, water, & vanilla and mix thoroughly, making certain to scrape bottom and sides so that all is incorporated. If desired (DUH) mix in the Chocolate Chips.
- Microwave on high 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. The finished product will be softish and chewy. Cool for 1 minute Eat right out of the mug (its GREAT with a scoop of ice cream too!).
I found that if you use milk instead of water, it helps the mixture a lot. Also, don't use all the sugar. I'd make it with a little less. If you're using an 800W microwave then I suggest you put it on for a little longer. Maybe 3-4 minutes.
Totally hit the spot! I halved the recipe for me and made the full recipe for DH. Topped with lite cool whip. I did add a wee pinch of salt. I think next time I'll use a little less sugar. Thanks for posting the recipe.
I make this often, and also use canola oil. I sometimes mix in some mini marshmallows after it's done. This recipe can also be halved if you just want to little sweet treat (only microwave for 30 seconds if you halve it). Yumm!