Recipe by DoubleA's Mom
Source: Betty Crocker. This is such an easy recipe, that is very kid friendly. A nice change for a birthday celebration as well. You can use whatever kind of ice cream that you wish, and add different toppings, such as hot fudge sauce, strawberry topping, caramel topping, nuts, bananas, whipped topping......etc..... Note: cook time includes freeze time.
- 1 (20 ounce) box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons confetti candy sprinkles
- 16 red maraschino cherries, with stems drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with foil; grease bottoms only of foil with shortening or cooking spray.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pans, about 1 hour. Do not remove from pans.
- Spread slightly softened ice cream evenly on brownies in pans. Freeze at least 2 hours until ice cream is firm.
- Remove desserts from pans; remove foil. Place on serving plates. Cut each dessert into 8 wedges. Decorate with candy sprinkles and cherries. Store covered in freezer.