Kazd Davis's Note:
I met my husband when living in Washington DC, he mentioned in conversation that he loved brownies, my first attempt met with disaster and we have a picture of him scraping it down the waste disposal. That night we went to a party and an American girl gave me this recipe which I have used ever since to great acclaim. Now we are back in the UK I have had to adapt it to UK measurements but it still works fine, especially now we can get Betty Crocker Cake mixes! I am going to try and give both sets of ingredients and measurements hope you can understand it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter, beat in cake mix and 1/3 cup of evaporated milk.
- 2Press 2/3 of mixture into greased 9" x 13" tin and bake at 350° (180° C) for 6 - 8 minutes.
- 3Empty chocolate drops evenly over semi-cooked mixture. (Chocolate drops should be plain choc but I couldn't get that into the ingredients list).
- 4Put rest of evaportated milk and caramels in a bowl and melt in microwave (Go carefully and stir every 20 - 30 seconds until all melted and mixed together).
- 5Pour caramel mixture over the chocolate drops then sprinkle remaining batter on top and bake for 15 - 20 minutes Cool, slice and enjoy.
- 6Note: Although recipe refers to a batter, it is actually more of a sticky paste. You could add a little more evaporated milk if you wish to make it easier to handle if you wish.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Heaven
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.8
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 544.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 69.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g