Queen Puff's Note:
I've made this numerous times and it is a lot of fun. Also works really well with egg cookie cutters for Easter. Let your imagination run wild.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9-by-13-inch cake pan.
- 3Cut a piece of waxed paper to fit the bottom, and press it onto buttered surface
- 4In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and chocolate.
- 5Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. If the chocolate is not softened, continue to microwave at 10-second intervals, removing before completely melted.
- 6Beat the eggs and vanilla into the melted chocolate with a wooden spoon.
- 7Beat in the flour and salt.
- 8Pour into prepared pan, and smooth the top.
- 9Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool.
- 10Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Turn the brownie cake out onto a baking sheet, and flip over onto a work surface.
- 11Cut out the brownies with a 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- 12Dust with cocoa if you like.
- 13Form the scraps into 1-inch balls, and roll them in the coating of your choice.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Hearts by Martha Stewart
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.4
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 115.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g