Prep 35 mins
Cook 42 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, Packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup toasted almond, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- to taste unsweetened cocoa powder
- to taste almonds, Sliced
- CAKE: Grease 5 cup heart shaped pan; dust with unsweetened cocoa
- powder and set aside. In bowl, blend together brown sugar, butter and vanilla; add eggs, one at a time, beating well with wooden spoon after each addition.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt; add all at once to creamed mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Stir in nuts; spread in prepared pan.
- Loosely cover tip of heart with foil to prevent from drying out. Bake in 350xF oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until just barley firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
- FROSTING: In top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, melt white chocolate with butter.
- (Alternatively, in microwaveable dish, microwave at Medium/50% for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened.) Remove from heat and let cool slightly; stir in sour cream until smooth and blended.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes; spread smoothly over sides then top of cooled cake. GARNISH: Sprinkle cocoa in attractive pattern on top of cake. Arrange almonds around top edge.