Recipe by Cook4_6
This is easy and yummy! I found this recipe on the side of a brownie box and loved it! I accidently threw it out with the brownie box, and spent months searching the grocery store shelves for it! I finally found it and figured I would add it for safe keeping!
Top Review by berry271
I'm seriously not sure if I will ever make any other kind of brownie again. These are fantastic. I LOVED them. This recipe reminds me of the Éclair dessert recipe. It is so simple, and so yummy, which makes it a total winner. More people should try it. That said I did change it up a little. Skipped the peanuts (personal preference) and actually halved the frosting and Chocolate/Peanut Butter Topping. What works really well is if you prepare the topping as directed and make two pans of brownies, then do half the frosting and half the topping on each pan. I thought they were great that way and more frosting/topping unnecessary, but whatever you prefer. Also I didn't have any rice krispies, so I crushed up some rice chex and that worked well too. Thanks for posting this super recipe.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) boxsupreme brownie mix, with pouch Hershey's syrup
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) containerwhipped vanilla frosting
- 3⁄4 cup salted peanuts, coursely chopped
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make brownies as directed on package for 13" x 9" pan, and cool completely.
- Frost brownies with frosting.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, refrigerate.
- Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside.
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated.
- Spread over frosted brownies.
- Cool completely in refrigerator before cutting.