Prep 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
This is chocolate and sugar overload! (Adapted from Betty Crocker recipe) The crispy chocolate peanut butter top on this tastes like peanut butter cups and crunchy rice chocolate bars and paired with the creamy vanilla frosting center and brownie bottom it's very rich! So it's great for sharing at gatherings; it will go a long way because any normal person can only handle a small piece.
- 1 (1 lb) box brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, for gooier texture or 3 eggs, for more cake like brownies
- 1 (8 ounce) containerready to spread whipped vanilla frosting
- 2 -3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease, or use cooking spray to coat, bottom of 13x9 glass (or metal) pan.
- Stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs together until well blended; spread in pan.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Once cooled completely, spread on all of frosting and refrigerate.
- Measure crispy rice cereal into large bowl& set aside.
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips in saucepan over low heat, stirring continously.
- Pour melted peanut butter/chocolate mixture over cereal, stir until evenly coated and then spread over frosted brownies.
- Cool completely, preferably in the refrigerator, before cutting.