Recipe by Redsie
This cake has a combination of a brownie and cake and it is very moist and delicious. It is always a big hit at family gatherings!
Top Review by Engrossed
It must just be my taste buds...I found this plain and not very chocolaty...kinda like watered down chocolate...it was however very soft and moist and looked yummy. I followed the recipe exactly except I used regular sour cream. Made for Zaar Tag.
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with vegetable spray.
- Make cake: in small microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate chips and water. Cook on high for 30 seconds or just until the chips beging to melt. Stir the mixture until it is smooth.
- In a large bowl and using a whisk or electrical mixer, beat sugar, cocoa, egg, egg whites, sour cream, corn syrup, oil, vanilla and melted cholate.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. With a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the sour cream mixture just until everything is combined. Pour the mixture into a prepared pan.
- Place the pan in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a tester comes out dry.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack.
- Make icing: in a bowl and using a whisk or electric mixer, beat icing sugar, cocoa and water until the mixture is smooth. Spread it over the cake.