1/3 Photos of Brownie Fudge Cake (Light)
This cake has a combination of a brownie and cake and it is very moist and delicious. It is always a big hit at family gatherings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with vegetable spray.
- 2Make cake: in small microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate chips and water. Cook on high for 30 seconds or just until the chips beging to melt. Stir the mixture until it is smooth.
- 3In a large bowl and using a whisk or electrical mixer, beat sugar, cocoa, egg, egg whites, sour cream, corn syrup, oil, vanilla and melted cholate.
- 4In another bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. With a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the sour cream mixture just until everything is combined. Pour the mixture into a prepared pan.
- 5Place the pan in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a tester comes out dry.
- 6Let the pan cool on a wire rack.
- 7Make icing: in a bowl and using a whisk or electric mixer, beat icing sugar, cocoa and water until the mixture is smooth. Spread it over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Fudge Cake (Light)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 51.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g