3 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe in my favorite cookbook "The Treasury of Creative Cooking." I made this recipe for Christmas gift bundles, and it was very well received. Not only is this recipe delicious and rich, but it looks so pretty when the individual squares are wrapped in plastic wrap, and the layers are visible. Also, this recipe makes a lot of servings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for the brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Ingredients for the fudge topping
- 1Brownie directions---------------.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Butter a 13x9 inch pan.
- 4Melt butter and chocolate over low heat (or double boiler), stir until smooth and melted; cool.
- 5Beat sugar and eggs in mixing bowl until fluffy.
- 6Slowly whisk cooled chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- 7Stir in flour, walnuts, and vanilla.
- 8Spread batter in pan, bake for 25-30 minutes until set (do not overbake).
- 9Prepare fudge topping.
- 10Upon removal of the brownies from the oven, immediately pour fudge into the pan (over the brownie layer).
- 11Cool, then place in freezer until firm.
- 12Cut into 1 inch squares, using a very sharp knife.
- 13Frequently dipping the knife in a glass of hot water and wiping off the knife after every pass of the knife, will make perfect, smooth, sharp edged pieces.
- 14Fudge directions--------------.
- 15Combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk in very large pot.
- 16Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 17Boil 5 minutes.
- 18Remove from heat.
- 19Add remaining ingredients (except walnuts), beat until smooth.
- 20Add walnuts.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (3640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1292.8
- Calories from Fat 471
- Total Fat 52.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 178.7 mg
- Sodium 296.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 209.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 179.7 g
- Protein 10.9 g