Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great idea for the upcoming Superbowl. You will need a football-shaped cookie cutter for this recipe. From Betty Crocker.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) package brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) container chocolate frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, with aluminum foil, letting foil hang 2 inches over short ends of pan.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl until well blended.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Remove brownies from pan, using foil to lift.
- Cut brownies into football shapes, using a Football-shaped cookie cutter, 3 1/2 by 2 inches.
- Frost footballs with frosting.
- Place baking chips, milk and butter in small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on Medium-High (70 percent) 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave about 10 seconds longer or until chips are melted.
- Drizzle melted chips over frosting to look like football laces.
I made some significant changes, so won't rate with any stars, but loved the idea for our Superbowl party. I used "Cheyenne's Fudgy Dutch Cocoa Brownies & Fudge Icing" instead of a brownie mix. I used a tomato paste can, which my husband bent into a football shape to make two-bite-sized brownies. Thank you for posting this recipe! We will make this again.
These are pretty easy to make and look great too! I didn't have a football cookie cutter, but I did have a round metal biscuit cutter that I bent to look like a football. When I was done, I just bent it back to being round!