Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my husband's absolute favorite dessert! These brownies are topped with 3 fluffy layers of cheesecake, pudding and cool whip, and it goes together quicker than most. This will fill a 9x13 pan to the top, but that size pan makes good thick layers so I use it anyway. The recipe is adapted from TOH Quick Cooking.
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 133.10 ml cocoa or 85.04 g unsweetened chocolate
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 311.84 g cream cheese, softened
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 340.19 g carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 473.18 ml milk, cold
- 113.39 g package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped (optional)
- Melt shortening and chocolate or cocoa in microwave and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Blend in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan, with bottom only greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar till smooth and light.
- Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Spread over brownies.
- In another bowl, combine milk and pudding mix.
- Whisk till smooth and thickening.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes, then spread over cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.
This was very good. I made this for a work birthday and everyone loved it. I added some mini chocolate chips to the top. Thanks!
I made this desert last night for a dinner party and it is EXCELLENT! I received tons of compliments and everyone wanted the recipe! I modified the recipe by adding chocolate chips to the brownie mixture. I also added the chocolate chips on the top layer of whipped cream. I definitely recommend this recipe - it is delicious!
My girlfriend loved these! They were easy to make and didn't take too long. I used cinnamon flavored confectioners' sugar and the cheesecake tasted wonderful!