This is my husband's absolute favorite dessert! These brownies are topped with 3 fluffy layers of cheesecake, pudding and cool whip, and it goes together quicker than most. This will fill a 9x13 pan to the top, but that size pan makes good thick layers so I use it anyway. The recipe is adapted from TOH Quick Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shortening
- 9 tablespoons cocoa or 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups milk, cold
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1Melt shortening and chocolate or cocoa in microwave and transfer to mixing bowl.
- 2Blend in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 3Add flour, salt and baking powder.
- 4Pour into a 9x13 pan, with bottom only greased.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- 6Cool completely.
- 7In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar till smooth and light.
- 8Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
- 9Spread over brownies.
- 10In another bowl, combine milk and pudding mix.
- 11Whisk till smooth and thickening.
- 12Refrigerate 5 minutes, then spread over cream cheese layer.
- 13Top with remaining whipped topping.
- 14Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- 15Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Delight
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.0
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 280.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g