Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe makes 10 regular size cupcakes, but the recipe may be doubled if desired. Don't forget the chocolate sprinkles or chocolate shavings! These are really good!
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed (can reduce slightly)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter (use store-bought not homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream (unwhipped)
- chocolate sprinkles, for top
- To make the cupcakes: set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 10 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine butter, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate in top of a double boiler that has been set over simmering water.
- Stir until the mixture has melted and smooth.
- Remove from the top of the water and whisk in both sugars in the chocolate mixture, then wisk in eggs one at a time.
- Add in vanilla, then flour and salt until smooth.
- Add in walnuts and remaining 1 cup chocolate chips; mix to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins (about 1/4 cup for each).
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done with a toothpick.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: in a bowl mix together the powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth adding in whipped cream to reach desired texture (you do not have to add in any whipped cream if you do not want to).
- Frost the cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate spinkles or shavings.