Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe makes 10 regular size cupcakes, but the recipe may be doubled if desired. Don't forget the chocolate sprinkles or chocolate shavings! These are really good!
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed (can reduce slightly)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter (use store-bought not homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream (unwhipped)
- chocolate sprinkles, for top
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the cupcakes: set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 10 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine butter, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate in top of a double boiler that has been set over simmering water.
- Stir until the mixture has melted and smooth.
- Remove from the top of the water and whisk in both sugars in the chocolate mixture, then wisk in eggs one at a time.
- Add in vanilla, then flour and salt until smooth.
- Add in walnuts and remaining 1 cup chocolate chips; mix to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins (about 1/4 cup for each).
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done with a toothpick.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: in a bowl mix together the powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth adding in whipped cream to reach desired texture (you do not have to add in any whipped cream if you do not want to).
- Frost the cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate spinkles or shavings.