This recipe makes 10 regular size cupcakes, but the recipe may be doubled if desired. Don't forget the chocolate sprinkles or chocolate shavings! These are really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (can reduce slightly)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1To make the cupcakes: set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line 10 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a bowl, combine butter, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate in top of a double boiler that has been set over simmering water.
- 4Stir until the mixture has melted and smooth.
- 5Remove from the top of the water and whisk in both sugars in the chocolate mixture, then wisk in eggs one at a time.
- 6Add in vanilla, then flour and salt until smooth.
- 7Add in walnuts and remaining 1 cup chocolate chips; mix to combine.
- 8Divide the batter evenly between the muffin tins (about 1/4 cup for each).
- 9Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done with a toothpick.
- 10Cool completely before frosting.
- 11To make the frosting: in a bowl mix together the powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth adding in whipped cream to reach desired texture (you do not have to add in any whipped cream if you do not want to).
- 12Frost the cooled cupcakes.
- 13Sprinkle with chocolate spinkles or shavings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.0
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 52.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g