Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich chocolate cupcakes.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper or foil baking cups.
- To make the Brownies: Melt the chopped chocolate and butter in a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Add the vanilla and then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the flour and salt until well blended.
- Evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake has moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- To make Chocolate Frosting: Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and corn syrup.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time
- Place the frosting in the bowl of your food processor and, with the processor running, gradually add the sour cream and hot water.
- Process until the frosting is nice and shiny.
- Spread the frosting on the top of each cupcake.