Recipe by stormylee
Am posting this recipe for safe keeping, as I keep misplacing the magazine clipping this recipe is on! I haven't tried the recipe yet, but these are definitely on my to-do list! Cooking time is per cookie sheet.
- 550 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 g margarine, melted
- 150 ml sugar
- 150 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 200 g semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 100 ml desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Let the melted margarine cool a bit, and add the sugars, beating well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, stir to combine.
- Sift the flour mixture into the batter, add chocolate chips and coconut.
- Stir to combine.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonsfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes.