Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, Sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, Finely chopped
- Melt the chocolate over hot water.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream the butter.
- Add the sugar slowly and continue to beat.
- Add the vanilla, then the eggs 1 at a time.
- Add the chocolate and stir to blend.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and the milk by hand.
- When just blended, mix in the walnuts.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 375 degres.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- To form the cookies, scoop out a portion of dough and roll out on a well-floured surface.
- When dough is 1/4 inch thick, cut it into rounds or other desired shapes.
- Re-roll scraps and cut again.
- Place on cookie sheet (leave room for expansion) and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Watch for any hot spots in the oven and don't let these cookies overbrown.
- VARIATION: For the Brownie Cookie Crust, make 1 recipe of Brownie Cookies and chill the dough briefly.
- Lightly grease the back side of a large baking sheet.
- Roll the dough out onto the baking sheet as thinly as possible so that the baked product will crumble easily.
- Bake crust at 375 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let crust harden, then slide the cookie from the sheet and cool completely.
- Roll over the cookie with a rolling pin until it is crushed to a fine crumb. (There should be about 2 1/4 cups of crumbs.) Melt 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- Mix it into the crumbs and pack the mixture over the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Freeze for 30 minutes before filling in order to set the crust.
- Line each cup with waxed paper for easy removal.
We left the nuts out, but these were a big hit with the holiday baskets we made them to go with. They smell so good too!