Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very rich chocolate cookie. I'm not sure where I got this recipe from but I know these are very good. Note: this dough is not firm like your basic cookie dough.
- Melt 1/2 cup morsels and butter over hot (not boiling) water, stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Combine flour baking powder; set aside.
- Beat egg and sugar in large mixer bowl at high speed, about 3 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate mixture.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop by level tablespoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 8 to 15 minutes or until cookies are puffed and tops are cracked and moist (cookies will look slightly underbaked).
- Baking time will depend on how small or big you make the cookies.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheets.
- Cool on wire racks.
The flavor in these Brownie Bites is very very rich, so these cookies in small bites are just the right size. I found that I needed about 1/2 cup flour, but I may not have cooled my melted chocolate long enough which would make a softer batter. I also liked the fact that this makes a small batch of cookies, which I appreciate when I am trying to watch my choc-a-holic tendencies!