Recipe by Sassy in da South
Something different from the usual brownies. Chocked full of chocolate and nuts. What more could you want?
- 1 lb butter
- 8 ounces chocolate, coarsely chopped (bittersweet, unsweetened or a combination of unsweetened and semisweet)
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces nuts, chopped, such as walnut (about 2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a large heat-proof mixer bowl set over simmering water. Remove the pan of water from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Add the sugar and beat well, then add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Add vanilla, flour, salt and nuts; stir and scrape down the bowl until the mixture is well-blended.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch pan and bake fora pproximately 1 hour, or until set. (Center will still be somewhat soft.)
- Allow the brownie cobbler to cool completely before cutting into serving pieces.