Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super easy to make little chocolate brownie muffins with a surprise cheesecake filling, and thanks to a suggestion from our friend Sweetlady, it's smothered with a creamy chocolate frosting and then sprinkled with powdered sugar. For a special someone's quick fix or a group of friends, these are delicious!
- 226.79 g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 29.58 ml sugar (or Splenda)
- 566.99 g box walnut brownie mix (moist kind with walnuts)
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml water
- 236.59 ml chocolate frosting (or thick chocolate pudding)
- powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Set aside. Spray a jumbo (6) muffin tin with bakers joy or non-stick cooking spray and also set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F (or according to the box directions). Make brownie mix according to the (moist cake-like version) recipe on the box using the eggs oil and water.
- Spoon about 2 Tbsp of batter into each greased muffin tray. (Caution: Do not use muffin paper, they will stick to the paper).
- Drop equal portions of cream cheese (about 2 tsp) mixture into the center of each muffin, then top with remaining brownie batter. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or as package directs.
- Allow to cool, then spread chocolate frosting (or pudding) on top followed with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Oh my! I made these into 12 standard sized muffins and boy did they turn out great :) I loved that there was enough creamcheese filling that it didn't get lost in the middle. I didn't use the pudding/frosting but I'm sure that would make it even more of a treat! Just writing about them makes me want to get up and eat one!
These are so awesome! I used canned whipped chocolate frosting and it was perfect for these delicious chocolate treats!
Oh my gosh! I forgot the chocolate frosting and it was still delicious! Thanks, my husband loved them too! Made for Please Review My Recipe game.