Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Brownies, Caramel and Walnuts all wrapped up in one is a slice of heaven on a plate. Uber rich and decadent, every sweet tooth will ask for the recipe!! *WARNING-You will go experience eurphoria/nirvana after having one bite!!* Quick and easy! Great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!
- 9 inch graham cracker pie crust (prepared)
- 177.44 ml walnuts (chopped)
- 20 caramels (unwrapped)
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk (divided)
- 1 egg (beaten, room temp)
- 59.16 ml butter (melted and divided)
- 170.09 g semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted) or 170.09 g milk chocolate chips (melted)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brush 2 tbsp of melted butter onto pie crust, moistening crust.
- Sprinkle nuts into pie shell.
- In a bowl, melt caramels with 2/3 cup condensed milk in microwave on high one 1 minute increments, stirring after each as to not to burn until fully melted.
- Pour caramel sauce over walnuts, completely covering.
- In bowl, combine egg,remaining butter and remaining condensed milk; mix well.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave on High on 1 minute increments, stirring each time until fully melted and slighlty cool.
- Stir in chocolate into dairy mixture very throughly.
- Pour mixture over caramel layer.
- Bake 35 minutes or until center is set(dip tester into brownie layer and only a few moist crumbs should cling to tester).
- Serve warm
- *can sub any nut. **can sub for shortbread pie crust *** Slightly cool melted chocolate for about 1 minute, so when adding to mixture, you do not "cook" the egg in the mixture!