Oh my God! What more can I say?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (12 oz. pkg.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 9 inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- 3Grease and flour foil.
- 4In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and water; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Immediately add 1 cup chocolate chips; stir until melted.
- 7Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- 8Stir into chocolate mixture.
- 9Spread batter into prepared pan.
- 10Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 11When brownies are almost done, prepare Caramel Topping; Remove wrappers from the 25 caramels.
- 12In a medium microwavable bowl, place 1/4 cup butter or margarine, caramels and 2 tablespoons milk.
- 13Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- 15Microwave an additional 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- 16Use immediately.
- 17After removing brownies from oven; immediately and carefully spread with prepared topping.
- 18Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and pecans over topping.
- 19Cool completely in pan on wire rack, being careful not to disturb chips while soft.
- 20Lift out of pan.
- 21Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Caramel Pecan Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g