Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oh my God! What more can I say?
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (12 oz. pkg.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 25 caramels
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Grease and flour foil.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and water; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately add 1 cup chocolate chips; stir until melted.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir into chocolate mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- When brownies are almost done, prepare Caramel Topping; Remove wrappers from the 25 caramels.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, place 1/4 cup butter or margarine, caramels and 2 tablespoons milk.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Microwave an additional 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Use immediately.
- After removing brownies from oven; immediately and carefully spread with prepared topping.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and pecans over topping.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack, being careful not to disturb chips while soft.
- Lift out of pan.
- Cut into bars.
These are awesome! I was going to post this when I saw you already had done so - I found these on the Hershey's web site. Thank you for posting these - they are wonderful, Diane