Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe at a bake sale. They disappeared so fast! Make sure you cut them into smaller squares because they can be very rich.
- Combine caramels and the first 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Cook over low heat until melted.
- Grease and flour 13x9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter, second 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and nuts.
- Stir until dough holds together.
- Press half of the dough on the bottom of the pan, bake for 6 min at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.
- Spread caramel over crust.
- Press the last half of cake mixture gently on top of the caramel.
- Bake for 15-18 minute.
- Cool slightly and refrigerate.
- Cut into squares and serve with cool, creamy milk!
These are delectable. Nothing in the recipe needed to be changed or adjusted. I didn't think them too sweet at all. When I need a sweet "fix," this is just the thing. These would be lovely to use in a brownie sundae with just a little scoop of vanilla ice cream or very lightly sweetened whipped cream on top. Thank you for this marvelously decadent recipe.
I substituted dark chocolate cake mix, but followed recipe for the rest. Very good. Very brownie like and gooey, but not over the top sweet. Good with vanilla ice cream and a cup of hot coffee!
these are YUMMY I have used rollos instead of the caramels to make them extra chocolaty. Thanks for sharing I lost my recipe from Mr Food!