I got this recipe at a bake sale. They disappeared so fast! Make sure you cut them into smaller squares because they can be very rich.
- Combine caramels and the first 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Cook over low heat until melted.
- Grease and flour 13x9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter, second 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and nuts.
- Stir until dough holds together.
- Press half of the dough on the bottom of the pan, bake for 6 min at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.
- Spread caramel over crust.
- Press the last half of cake mixture gently on top of the caramel.
- Bake for 15-18 minute.
- Cool slightly and refrigerate.
- Cut into squares and serve with cool, creamy milk!