Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The perfect brownie-you only need one bowl, and no mixer! I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar as it didn't have a loving home, so I haven't had a chance to make it myself yet!
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 13x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together cocoa, powder and baking soda.
- Blend in 1/3 cup of the melted butter.
- Add boiling water and stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup of the melted butter.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt, blend well.
- Stir in chocolate-covered raisins and nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 32 bars.
These were delish! I didn't add the nuts or raisins, but substituted white chocolate chips and my kids LOVED them! I did have to use almost every measuring spoon and cup, but we got 'em done. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very nice brownie. I'm on a quest for the perfect chocolate brownie and so baked 2 different recipe's on the same day. My family judged them and this one came out top, easily. I added squares of chocolate to the mix instead of the nuts and raisins. The brownies were tasty and moist, slightly crunchy on the top and chewy at the edges. Not perfect, but certainly getting there!
These are ssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOD! I didn't use the nuts or raisins, the brownie was so rich already, you didn't need them! I frosted them with Brownie Frosting Brownie Frosting by AndyPandy WHile they were still warm then kept them in the fridge - Scrumptious!