Recipe by -Sylvie-
The perfect brownie-you only need one bowl, and no mixer! I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar as it didn't have a loving home, so I haven't had a chance to make it myself yet!
Top Review by robiarobi
These were delish! I didn't add the nuts or raisins, but substituted white chocolate chips and my kids LOVED them! I did have to use almost every measuring spoon and cup, but we got 'em done. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted and divided
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- 1 cup chocolate-covered nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 13x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together cocoa, powder and baking soda.
- Blend in 1/3 cup of the melted butter.
- Add boiling water and stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup of the melted butter.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt, blend well.
- Stir in chocolate-covered raisins and nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 32 bars.