Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from my mothers infamous brownie recipe. I accidentally added the soda which worked as a leavening agent, creating a cake-like airy-ness. I like this recipe better than the original!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Melt butter and cool.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and applesauce together.
- Add flour, salt, cocoa and soda.
- Add cool butter, then vanilla.
- Throw in the nuts, if you want to. You can add all types of other things, like chopped white chocolate, raisins, chopped up candy bars, etc.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes in a 9x13. Don’t over bake.
- Don’t forget to lick your fingers and the spoon!
thanks for this recipe...i experimented a little and it turned out great... 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup of applesauce and 1 1/3 cup sugar. also, added cheesecake topping. total YUM. was very rich & tasty. am going to try your way this weekend. thanks again!