Recipe by Wreckage
I found this recipe on the Weight Watchers Canada forum. It's a high fibre, chocolately muffin that tastes rich and not at all low-fat. For Weight Watchers, each muffin is 2 points.
Top Review by Yweightil40
This is a fantastic recipe. I did, however, run the recipe through the Weight watcher online recipe builder and know that if you make this recipe into 18 NOT 12 muffins they are 2 points per muffin. Made into 12 muffins (the tins would have overflowed if I tried) each muffin would be 3 points. I was looking for a healthy alternative to get my chocolate fix as a Weight watcher member. I had tried a chocolate cake/pumpkin recipe but was very disappointed in the results. Although this is a "sturdier" muffin than a plain chocolate cake muffin, it is not "fiber" tasting at all. I bake and then freeze a batch and carry them in my lunch almost every day and never tire of them.
- 3 cups all-bran cereal
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (20 ounce) package low-fat brownie mix
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak all bran in water for a couple of minutes.
- Add baking powder to cereal and stir.
- Add brownie mix and stir to combine.
- Spoon mix into medium sized muffin tins lined with muffin liners or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Eacg muffin cup should be 3/4 full.
- Bake in oven @ 350 for about 20-25 minutes.