Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
UPDATE: I have made this 3 times since posting. The first time I made this I shared it. The next 2 times were for myself only! Talk about comfort food....TDF!!! (There is also a 2nd version in my Cheesecake Collection ckbk) Here is a dessert with 2 of my favorite things, brownies and cheesecake. Could you ask for anything more? Well, maybe a large ice cold glass of milk! When I saw this in the latest Food & Family from Kraft, I had to share it!
- 1 (20 ounce) package brownie mix (13x9 inch pan, but disposable foil casserole pan is best)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (to prepare brownie mix)
- 1⁄4 cup water (to prepare brownie mix)
- 2 eggs (to prepare brownie mix)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled (optional)
- PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS BEFORE BEGINNING. THE PROCEDURE IS A BIT OUT OF THE ORDINARY.
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Line 13x9 inch pan with foil. I use a disposable foil casserole pan.
- Grease or spray w/ cooking spray.
- Make sure PAN IS DEEP, as cheesecake portion of this recipe tends to puff up.
- When they are cool, put them in the fridge and they "calm down".
- I also line any pan I use with foil, extending the foil over the edges. This makes it easy to get the whole thing out for slicing.
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions on box and pour into pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until top is shiny and center is ALMOST set. At this point it is only partially done.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each egg to mix well.
- Pour over partially cooked brownie batter in pan. (Filling will come almost to the top.).
- Bake 40 minutes or until center of cheesecake part is almost set.
- Run knife/spatula around edge to loosen cake.
- After cooling, refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate squares over top. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- Remove from pan using the foil to lift it out.
- Dip a knife in hot water to cut these.
- Cut into 16 pieces, or more, to serve.
I made this for work the other day and put it in a 9" springform pan. I baked the brownie for 25 min, drizzled with carmel and pecans and then put the cheesecake mixture over top and baked for 60 min. It came out perfect and was so delicious. It is a very easy recipe to make.
These are the best! Often requested and never lasting long. I have been making them since finding the recipe in the Kraft magazine. I popped on here to get the recipe. I make my brownies from scratch and found that baking the brownie portion about 2/3 of the total time is perfect. Thanks for the putting the recipe up here.
the chocolate bottom was gooey even though i cooked it according to the recipe. I put them in small cupcake papers because it was more like frosting on the bottom than brownies. Tasted good, but very messy