Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
What can I say? Yummy if you love cheesecake-like me :) I found with this recipe, if you refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, the taste is just as delicious.
- 1 (10 ounce) package brownie mix, any variety (8x8 inch pan size)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- Prepare and bake brownie mix as directed on package for 8 inch square pan in well greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Add eggs, mixing on low speed just until blended.
- Bake at 325 for 60 to 65 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver springform pan.
- (bake at 300 for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set if using a dark nonstick springform pan.) Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Initially, I didnt think much of this recipe. Thought it would be "plain" ... nothing spectacular(Im not a chocolate nut). BOY was I mistaken!! I made this for a friend and we were all WOW'D... The combination of the brownie and cheesecake is outstanding! NOTE: I used the option of a "fudge" brownie instead of "cake" brownie.. great choice!
A great and yummy idea, however, I would highly suggest not cooking the brownies all the way. After the cheesecake was baked, the brownies were too hard. Next time I'll bake for 1/2 as long as directed!
This was delicious! I baked the brownie base in a regular rectangular pan and poured the cheesecake mixture into that as well as I wanted to make squares. Of course there was way to much cheesecake mixture for that (I don't know why I didn't think of that!), so if I did that again I would reduce the cheesecake mix to 1/3. The cheesecake wasn't quite as sweet as I would like so I drizzled the squares with some caramel sauce. Also I had to reduce the baking time because of the way I baked the recipe. The leftover mix was used to make lovely little mini cheesecakes.