Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 2 mins
By now - I am sure you all know about my love affair with chocolate. Brownies are the worst for me - I cannot resist them! Passive cook time includes 30 minutes for allowing dessert come to room temperature.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped walnut pieces (optional) or 1⁄2-1 cup almonds, pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat an 8"x8"x2" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-1/3 cups of sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Cool the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and 3/4 cup flour.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, cream cheese the 1 egg and 4 teaspoons all-pupose flour & 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- In prepared pan, spread 2/3 of the chocolate batter in the pan.
- Spoon cream cheese layer over batter.
- Dollop with remaining chocolate batter.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate pieces.
- Bake for 12 minutes more.
- Cover; store in refrigerator.
- Let the chilled dessert stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Control yourselves - it is worth it!
AWESOME brownies!! These were great to look at and to eat! DSS and I thank you for a new top 10 brownie recipe!!