Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are good cookies to add to your holiday cookie tray.
Make and share this Brownie Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon trans fat-free extra-light vegetable oil spread (60-70 percent oil)
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie bites: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease large cookie sheet. In cup, stir espresso powder into hot water until dissolved. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cocoa, flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In medium bowl, whisk sugar, oil, honey, vanilla, egg white and espresso mixture until mixed.
- With spoon, stir oil mixture into flour mixture, then with hand, press dough just until thoroughly blended.
- With lightly greased hands, shape dough by heaping measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart; press to flatten slightly.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until brownies have cracked slightly. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Prepare frosting:.
- In microwave-safe small bowl, heat chocolate and water in microwave oven on high 45 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Stir in vegetable oil spread, then confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Cool frosting slightly.
- Dip top of each cookie in frosting. Set aside to allow frosting to dry. Store brownies in tightly covered container with waxed paper between layers at room temperature for up to 3 days or in freezer for up to 1 month.