These are good cookies to add to your holiday cookie tray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1Prepare brownie bites: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease large cookie sheet. In cup, stir espresso powder into hot water until dissolved. Set aside.
- 2In large bowl, combine cocoa, flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- 3In medium bowl, whisk sugar, oil, honey, vanilla, egg white and espresso mixture until mixed.
- 4With spoon, stir oil mixture into flour mixture, then with hand, press dough just until thoroughly blended.
- 5With lightly greased hands, shape dough by heaping measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart; press to flatten slightly.
- 6Bake 7-8 minutes or until brownies have cracked slightly. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 7Prepare frosting:.
- 8In microwave-safe small bowl, heat chocolate and water in microwave oven on high 45 seconds; stir until smooth.
- 9Stir in vegetable oil spread, then confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Cool frosting slightly.
- 10Dip top of each cookie in frosting. Set aside to allow frosting to dry. Store brownies in tightly covered container with waxed paper between layers at room temperature for up to 3 days or in freezer for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Bites
Serving Size: 1 (559 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant espresso coffee powder
extra-light vegetable oil spread