Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I got this from the Single Momz website, a great place to visit. Kids adore this, makes a great gift in a coffee mug and some ribbon.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water or 1 teaspoon milk
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Beat butter until soft and add sugar and baking powder.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, add cocoa and as much flour as you can by mixer and the rest by hand when the dough becomes too stiff.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide dough into two equal parts.
- Shape into 9 x 2 x 1 inch loaves.
- Place on a baking sheet 4 inches apart.
- Brush with mixture of water and yolk.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool on sheet for 30 minutes.
- Cut loaves into 1/2" thick slices diagonally.
- Lay cut side down and bake at 350°F (165 degrees° C) for 15 minutes.
- Turn over and bake other side for 10 to 15 minutes until dry.
- Store in airtight container.
This biscotti is very chocolatey! I used double the amount of nuts (hazelnuts, which I first toasted). I also used 3/4 cup chocolate chips. The cookie still held up well after slicing. I also didn't wait 30 minutes before slicing...only 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Good one, Mirj! Thanks! M&Mers
Ok, I died and went to heaven when I dunked one of these into a cup of Caramel Truffle coffee! Once again you've got the best recipes!
These tasted very good! I melted white chocolate chips and drizzled them on top. It looked really cool. The other bonus is my 2 kids really liked them. I am making a bunch for Christmas gifts this year!