Recipe by HighVibe
A rich, indulgent chocolate green smoothie (smoothie with greens).
Top Review by Idealyst84
I was pleasantly surprised by this smoothie! I used four California pitted dates, about 3/4 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk, a rounded tablespoon of raw cacao powder a large handful of spinach, omitted the water, and I added a tablespoon of hemp protein powder. It's very rich and chocolately! I can't tell at all that there's spinach in it. And my hemp protein adds a nice nuttiness to it. Thank you, HighVibe!
- 3 ounces dates (about 8-10 deglet noor dates)
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk or 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water (as needed to blend)
- 4 -6 ounces spinach
- protein powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by blending the dates, cocoa powder, protein powder, soymilk, and water (if needed to help your blender along). The mixture should be completely smooth.
- Next, add 2-3 oz spinach to the blender. Blend again, stopping to push the spinach down into the blender container if necessary.
- Add the next 2-3 oz spinach, and blend again until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy your antioxidant-filled treat with 2 servings of fruit and a whopping 4-6 servings of vegetables!