Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chocolatey bars for a crowd!
- 375 g butter
- 6 eggs
- 600 ml sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 100 ml cocoa powder
- 50 ml cognac
- 450 ml all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 150 C; line a 30 x 40 cm jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with sides) with parchment paper.
- Melt butter, let cool.
- Whip sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Sift on vanilla sugar and cocoa powder, add cognac, stir to combine.
- Sift on flour and stir to combine; stir in melted butter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes. The cake should still be moist inside.
- Let the cake cool before cutting it.
- The bars can be frozen for up to 3 months.