1/1 Photo of Brownie Balls (A.k.a. Pms Dessert!)
Nothing says "Mom's having PMS" like the foreboding smell of chocolate wafting from the kitchen. When my family sees these these treats on the cooling rack, they know to head for the hills. The recipe yields 2 dozen (if you don't eat half the dough before it's cooked...) but as far as my family knows, it makes four.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees (F).
- 2Melt butter or margarine and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat (or melt in the microwave in a glass bowl or measuring cup for 2 minutes or until butter or margarine is melted).
- 3Set aside to cool for five minutes.
- 4While you're letting the chocolate cool, stir sugar, egg, vanilla and salt together until well blended.
- 5Stir the cooled chocolate/butter or margarine mixture until nice and smooth. Then mix it in with the above sugar, etc. mixture.
- 6Now stir in the flour and nuts.
- 7Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 8Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 9While warm, roll in powdered sugar.
- 10Cool on wire racks.
- 11Once cool, roll in powdered sugar again!
- 12Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownie Balls (A.k.a. Pms Dessert!)
Serving Size: 1 (654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 55.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g