"I love visiting with friends over a pot of coffee, so I developed these crisp, chocolaty cookies to munch along with each cup," comments Jeanie Williams of Minnetonka, Minnesota. Brownie mix makes them easy to stir up, and a white chocolate and almond topping adds a festive look. From Taste of Home 25 top favorites! A reviewer said she love them but makes them without the white chocolate because they store better.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, ground almonds, flour and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk egg, egg whites and extract. Add to brownie mixture; stir until combined.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 7 inch. x 3-1/2 inch rectangle.
- Bake at 350° for 24 minutes. Remove from the oven; cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Move to a cutting board and cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4 inch slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until firm.
- Cool on wire racks. If desired, sprinkle with sliced almonds and drizzle with white or dark chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is completely set. Store in an airtight container.