Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
by request, from Georgian Bay Gourmet. I'm going to try this cut in half.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans consomme
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup blanched almond, chopped
- in a large fyring pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add rice and cook until golden brown,stirring often.
- Place cooked rice in a 2 quart casserole and sprinkle on seasonings.
- Add consomme, water and nuts and mix gently.
- Cover casserole and bake at 300 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
- Do not stir.
This recipe is tops. The rice was so flavorful and fluffy! A very easy recipe to make. I will be keeping this one! Thanks Derf ; )