Recipe by Lorac
Sauted herb flavored boneless pork chops topped with a deviled mushroom sour cream gravy. From the Recipe Institute.
Top Review by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
YUMMERS! I can't believe no one has rated this in so long. The spice combination on the seared chops was excellent, and the gravy was to die for. I did up the Dijon using 2 tablespoons. Served over Spaetzle with mixed vegetables and a cucumber tomato salad on the side. My partner and I couldn't get enough of the gravy. Thank you for sharing!
- 4 (3 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from chops.
- Stir together sage, marjoram, pepper and salt and rub on both sides of chops.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place chops in skillet and cook 5 minutes, turning once, or until chops are just barely pink.
- Remove chops from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Whisk together sour cream, flour and mustard in medium bowl.
- Whisk in about 3 tablespoons broth from the skillet.
- Stir sour cream mixture into skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve over pork chops and noodles.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.