Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice pork recipe to serve company but easy enough to have any night of the week. Very good over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
- 4 boneless pork chops (3 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- olive oil or cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (can use fat free)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- hot cooked egg noodles
- Combine sage, marjoram, pepper and salt; rub on both sides of chops.
- Lightly coat large nonstick skillet with oil or spray and heat over medium.
- Place chops in skillet and cook 5 minutes, turning once, until chops are barely pink.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and broth and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, covered, 3- 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Whisk together sour cream, flour and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in 3 tbl of broth from skillet and then stir sour cream mixture into skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve over pork chops and noodles.
Delicious! This was a hit with my family, the gravy is wonderful! My chops were larger than 3 oz. so I had to brown them a bit longer (like 15 minutes) in step 3, otherwise, I did everything the same. I will definitely be making this again for my pork-chop-loving husband! Thanks Karen!
We enjoyed your pork chop with gravy and broad noodles, I added a tsp. Worchestershire to make it a bit stronger. Nice for a week night dish and very fast.
these were great, we ate them all up! the sauce was excellent and the directions clear and concise :)