Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great on its own, or with pot roast
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, put rack in middle position.
- Cook noodles in a 6 or 8 quart pot with salted water until al dente, about 5 minutes, drain and rinse in cold water, then drain well.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat, brush muffin tins with some butter.
- Add onions and cook until well browned, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix onions, noodles, sour cream, cottage cheese, poppy seed.
- Lightly beat eggs with salt and pepper, add to the mixture and mis until well combined.
- Divide the mix into 12 muffin tins and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Loosen kugels with a thin pairing knife, let cool 5 minutes before serving.