Recipe by Dienia B.
From the Paprikas Wiess Hungarian Cookbook by Edward Weiss 1979. Goldie brought me another cookbook.
Top Review by berry271
Awesome. This was my first time preparing kohlrabi. I had tried it while in Germany, and this is similar to how it was prepared. Kohlrabi is one the list of highly beneficial foods for my husband (Blood Type O) and when I bought some at the store, I decided to prepare them this way. We both loved it. I skipped the sauce to avoid the flour (no wheat diet) and just simmered the diced kohlrabi in the butter, salt, sugar, and parsley. Delicious
- 3 lbs kohlrabi, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice kohlrabi.
- Melt the butter in saucepan; add kohlrabi, salt, sugar, and parsley; stir to combine the ingredients.
- Cover the saucepan and cook over very low heat for 25 minutes; take great care not to let it burn.
- Sprinkle flour into pan and stir until lightly browned; stir in chicken broth to form a sauce; simmer for 5 minutes.