Recipe by grandma2969
This is another favorite at our house..
Top Review by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
This is good. I used light brown sugar and the taste is less butterscotch-y than I'd like but next time I think dark brown will do fine. The texture is really smooth and creamy and it is an easy recipe to make. I also recommend graham cracker crust which I think goes better with a cream pie.
- 1 (9 inch) prebaked pie crusts
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces Dream Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside pie shell.
- In a large heavy pan, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and the water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3 1/2 minutes or thick and bubbly -- set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs till frothy.
- Add the flour and blend till smooth.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar,and blend.gradually add the scalded mikl, stirring all the time.
- Over low heat, reheat the sugar-water mixture till again liquified.
- Then pour the milk-egg mixture into it.
- Stirring with rubber spatula all the time.
- cook over medium heat till it bubbles up and is very thick.about 3-5 minutes.
- Then pour into pie shell. cover with a piece of plastic wrap.pressing on top of pudding.
- Chill well and the prepare a pkg of Dream Whip or whipped topping and cover the top.