I have not tried this dish. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this in Family Circle magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb yellow flesh potato, cut into 3/4-inch chunks (3 medium)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 -10 fresh sage leaves, stacked and cut across into 1/4-inch strips (sage leaves should be 2-3-inches)
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1In 3-quart saucepan, cover potatoes and squash with water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover and cook until tender, 12-15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of the butter and the sage to small skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Tilting pan and watching closely, cook about 3 minutes, until butter foams and begins to brown; keep warm.
- 3Throughly drain potatoes and squash, return to pan and shake 1-2 minutes over low heat. Roughly mash with hand masher leaving mixture chunky. Over low heat, gently mix in remaining tablespoon butter and enough milk for consistency desired. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into serving bowl and drizzle with brown butter and sage.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Browned Butter Smashed Potatoes With Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 105.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves