Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
From Delicious Living Magazine
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 236.59 ml panko breadcrumbs or 236.59 ml regular breadcrumbs
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml reduced-fat buttermilk or 59.14 ml milk
- 22.18 ml salted butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g tilapia fillet (or any mild fish)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Using a food processor, finely grind almonds. Combine in a shallow dish with bread crumbs, garlic salt, and paprika.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk egg and buttermilk.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a frying pan large enough to hold fish fillets without crowding (use two pans if necessary). When butter is nicely browned (about 8 minutes), add olive oil.
- Pat dry fish fillets. Roll thoroughly in egg-milk mixture, then dredge in bread-crumb mixture. Add to hot pan. Cook, without disturbing, until browned (about 6 minutes), then flip and cook other side until just opaque. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Buttermilk and panko made a good breading. Nice flavor, needed a little salt. Made for PAC Fall 2012.