Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a basic browned butter sauce from Rachel Ray via the internet.
Make and share this Browned Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt over medium-low heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage and cook stirring often, until butter begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons heavy cream and remove from the heat.
- Add 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggaino cheese when tossing pasta.
- Toss this with 1 pound cooked pasta.
- Servings is a guess, and times are approximate.