Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Southern Living April 2006 test kitchen's top rated recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- Cook butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until butter begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat immediately, and pour butter into a small bowl.
- Cover and chill 1 hour or until butter is cool and begins to solidify.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add brown sugar and powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into 4 (8-inch) logs.
- Wrap logs tightly in plastic wrap, and chill 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick rounds; place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- **Cook time does not include butter chill time of one hour or dough chill time of 4 hours.