From Southern Living April 2006 test kitchen's top rated recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until butter begins to turn golden brown.
- 2Remove pan from heat immediately, and pour butter into a small bowl.
- 3Cover and chill 1 hour or until butter is cool and begins to solidify.
- 4Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 5Gradually add brown sugar and powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- 6Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- 7Stir in pecans.
- 8Shape dough into 4 (8-inch) logs.
- 9Wrap logs tightly in plastic wrap, and chill 4 hours or until firm.
- 10Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick rounds; place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 11Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- 13**Cook time does not include butter chill time of one hour or dough chill time of 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Browned Butter-Pecan Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (1134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.7
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g