1 hr 10 mins
This a fantasic-tasting buttery pie, just remember to cook the butter first as this is what brings out the taste ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Over low to medium heat, cook butter in a saucepan, watching closely but not stirring, until golden brown (about 5-8 minutes) DO NOT BURN.
- 3Pour browned butter into a bowl; set aside.
- 4In a food processor, blend corn syrup, honey, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- 5Add the browned butter; blend again.
- 6Add pecans, and process with just a few on-off pulses.
- 7Pour the mixture into pie shell.
- 8Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes; lower heat to 325 degrees; bake for another 40 minutes.
- 9Note: center of pie will seem a bit liquidy when removed from oven, it will set up further as it cools.
- 10Let cool completely.
- 11Serve with real whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Browned Butter Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4464.8
- Calories from Fat 2211
- Total Fat 245.6 g
- Saturated Fat 84.5 g
- Cholesterol 878.5 mg
- Sodium 2251.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 565.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 344.2 g
- Protein 41.1 g